The task of finding which council you might live in is part of the problem that people usually identify with the city, town or community they live in. "I know which town I am in or near, but not necessarily which local government area.", or what if you are traveling? Council borders fluctuate over time, however, most of Australia's state governments provide such tools for you and can be the best source for your information.

These links open in a new window (subject to change):

These tools will help you locate your local council government region, area, jurisdiction, or other. Then you can use that information to search for or navigate to the relevant HazAlerts - One Site, One Source! page. I recommend bookmarking your council page for future reference. You could do this for your browser, desktop shortcut or Homepage shortcut on mobile.